Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Is that a tinge of green in my thumb?



Mom had the hot idea that we were going to bond today and plant plants. With our spring like weather here in SC she has been dying to dig in the dirt. Knowing full well it is going to get cold again she restrained herself to a few hanging ferns for the porch and some cold weather lettuces for the garden. She picked me up from school early and we began our project. At first I was enthralled digging the the bag of " dirt. dirt. dirt" with my large serving spoon from the china cabinet. I put a few scoops in the baskets and like 300 scoops on the driveway. Ate a little, put some in my hair, removed dirt from the finished plants and proceeded to throw the biggest fit of my life when my fish watering can ran out of water and mom would not refill it. I had poured it down the front of myself 3 times already, but I wanted more water. Anyway she has a garden all prepared out back just waiting for spring veggies. Do you think she will let me help?

No comments: