Monday, December 3, 2007

Again, Again




This past weekend started off the Holiday season here in Sigonella for all of us. Mom took Friday off and I spent the day with Sullivan shopping in Catania, running errands, and just hanging out. That night they took us to see the most amazing thing. Santa came here, all the way here to Sicily to turn the lights on the Christmas tree in our big square on base. I have been practicing for 2 weeks now and have perfected my Ho Ho Ho response. I can tell you what Santa says if you call him Santa or if you ask what " Babbo Natale" says, that is Santa's Italian name. My parents are very proud and make me say it all the time. After we ate dinner and went to the room of all rooms, the bouncy house room. The base set up the gym with every bouncy house possible. I am talking hundreds of square feet of air, plastic, and pure childhood joy. I didn't want to leave I bounced and bounced like I had done it all my life. Well lets be honest I bounced when I got coordinated enough to stand on my 2 feet for more that 3 seconds. Fun lets just say I had loads of FUN!

1 comment:

Pinch My Salt said...

Hey Colin (and Allison)!

I didn't know you had your very own blog! Glad to see you're back to posting :-)

Just wanted to say that I miss Sicily so much and I hope you post lots of photos of Sicilian food!